The Expanded Community Advisory Panel, also known as the “XCAP,” is a group of Palo Altans and other stakeholders tasked with evaluating all the information related to the grade crossing alternatives. The group, now a Brown Act body, can vote and make recommendations directly to the City Council. The City Manager’s Office provides staffing to the XCAP.
Regular Meetings: The XCAP meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 4-6pm at City Hall unless otherwise noted. Follow the list of meetings below or the calendar.
|Member Name||Email Address|
XCAP Meetings take place every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month unless otherwise noted.
- November 13, 2019 – Special XCAP Meeting, Community Meeting Room (4-6pm)
- CANCELED: November 6 and November 20: Regular XCAP Meetings
- December 4, 2019 – Regular XCAP Meeting, Community Meeting Room (4-6pm)
- December 18, 2019 – Regular XCAP Meeting, Community Meeting Room (4-6pm)
- Postponed to a Date Uncertain – Design Workshop
- June 19, 2019 – XCAP Meeting #1, Community Meeting Room (4-6pm) – Completed
- CANCELED: July 17, 2019
- August 21, 2019 – XCAP Meeting #2, Council Conf Rm (4-6pm)
- September 5, 2019 – XCAP Meeting #3, Community Meeting Room (4-6pm)
- September 25, 2019 – XCAP Meeting, Community Meeting Room (4-6pm)
- October 10, 2019 – XCAP Special Meeting, Community Meeting Room (4-6pm)
- October 16, 2019 – XCAP Meeting, Community Meeting Room (4-6pm)
- October 30, 2019 – XCAP Meeting, Community Meeting Room (4-6pm)
- November 7, 2019 – Citywide Community Meeting, 6-8pm, Mitchell Park Community Center, El Palo Alto Room
Visit the Presentations, Documents, and Reports webpage and click the XCAP tab to see all meeting materials for the upcoming meeting and all previous meetings. Link: https://connectingpaloalto.com/presentations-and-reports
Current Renderings and Animations:
Visit the Renderings, Plans, and Animations webpage to see all available renderings, plans, and animations for current and archived alternatives. Link: https://connectingpaloalto.com/renderings-plans-and-animations/
All XCAP meetings are recorded with the video and meeting materials made available online after the meeting. Meetings take place at City Hall. Sign up to receive meeting notifications about upcoming meetings.
How does the XCAP differ from the former Community Advisory Panel (CAP)?
Prior to the XCAP, there previously was a Community Advisory Panel (CAP) tasked with studying grade separation and providing feedback to City staff and consultants. The CAP concluded in March 2019, but many CAP members joined the new XCAP. Visit the CAP page for more information on the former panel.
To contact staff related to the XCAP, please email email@example.com or Chantal C. Gaines at firstname.lastname@example.org.